You might be wondering when the best time to post on Instagram is? We analyzed Instagram posts and found that the time to post on Instagram is between 9 am to 11 am EST. But is that the actual best time to post on Instagram for business? Every Instagram account has different audiences, with customers located in different time zones, so it’s essential to define your personalized best time to post on Instagram. Scheduling your posts for specific times can help you gain more followers and get more engagement and reach on your posts.
Here is how to find your best time to post on Instagram. Also, we break down the best times for each day of the week:
When is the best time to post on Instagram?
To find your best posting time in 2019, we analyzed Instagram posts, posted in different time zones around the world from Instagram accounts ranging from 100 to million followers.
If you want to get more engagement, you should define your personalized best time to post on Instagram based on your target audience. Time has always been an essential factor in the Instagram algorithm, but with the new algorithm updates, engagement is getting more important than ever. So, if you want to beat the Instagram algorithm in 2019, you should optimize our posting time when most of your followers are online.
Think of it this way: now that Instagram is prioritizing “new” content on user’s feeds, your best shot at getting your post in front of your audience is by posting when most of them are scrolling the app. That’s why it is necessary to define your own best time to post on Instagram. You can use the algorithm to increase your engagement and get more followers.
How to find your best time to post on Instagram?
Here are the three main ways that can help you find your best time to post on Instagram in 2019:
- Use Instagram insight features to find the best engaging times on your account.
You can switch to a business account to become able to use Instagram business account features like insights. This feature can help you find your best time to post on Instagram to get the maximum reach.
To find your analytics:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the insight icon (the little graph on the top-right)
- Scroll down to see the daily breakdown of how many interactions you have been received on each post, as well as how many people found you from the discovery tab.
- Now if you tap on the “audience” tab, and scroll down, you would find a breakdown of which days your audience are on Instagram as well as times they are online each day.
As you can see, these insights will give you a great starting point to find out the best time on your Instagram.
- Find your Top time zones and find out when your followers are online.
When it comes to the best time for posting on Instagram, it is essential to consider the time zones of your Instagram followers. The best thing you can do to figure out your best posting time for Instagram is to research your followers by using Instagram insights again. On the audience tab, you can find out the city and state your followers are located in. So you can use this information to schedule your posts based on their time zone.
- Try posting in different times and measure your progress.
If you rather going manual with the process, you can create a spreadsheet to analyze how much engagement you get when you post at different times on each day. Start by selecting five different times on the week. Then track the like and comment numbers each post received, along with the time and date that you posted them. On the next week, switch the timing of the posts for each day. For instance, if you posted at 4 pm on Saturday, post at 6 pm in week 2.
It will take a few weeks. However, you can use it to determine the best days to post on Instagram based on your target audience, along with the times that work best for getting more engagement on those particular days.
Best times to post on Instagram based on older research reports
The more recent researches have shown that the best times to post on Instagram are:
- 12:00 am, 3:00 pm, and 4:00 pm: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were the best days to post. Posting in the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. during off hours could work to your advantage because people are still scrolling on their feeds.
- 5:00 am: This time showed surprisingly good results in reports, maybe because posts this early catch that early birds who check their phone the first thing after waking up.
- 7:00 am – 9:00 am: Morning is a good time to post because people are just waking up. Most users can’t resist checking their phones to find out what they missed while sleeping. After 9:00 am, however, you may notice a bit of a drop in engagement due to school and regular work hours.
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Around the lunchtime is when users find time to check their phones; that often includes checking Instagram and other social media platforms.
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Everyone is just going home from school or work. They’re probably checking their Instagram to help pass the
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: After work and school, people get the opportunity to relax. They may start checking their Instagram while they sit on the bus or in front of the TV just before their dinnertime. Remember you may be better off posting earlier around 5:00 pm or later at 7:00 pm instead of right in the middle when many people are driving home from work or eating dinner.
That’s it, guys.
Remember to employ these tips to post at the right time on Instagram to get the best engagement rate. Because seriously, engagement is the most important thing for business on Instagram.
If you have any other questions about Instagram marketing, go on and leave us a comment.