Want to find out which friend of yours blocked you on Instagram? We put together this article so you can figure out once and for all.
Picture this: you are casually scrolling through your Instagram feed, something pops into your head: “huh! That’s odd; I haven’t seen his pictures recently. I wonder what he’s up to?” then you search for them on Instagram, but their Instagram profile doesn’t show up. You try again and again, nothing! He didn’t fade from the face of the earth, right?
Here’s the thing: you might have been blocked, dear!
People block their followers on Instagram for all kinds of reasons. You might have been “friend-dumped”! Maybe a former friend of yours just could not take it anymore. It could be all those low-quality selfies, or perhaps they have just deactivated their Instagram account. No matter what, you have got to find out!
If only there were a way to find out…
In this article, we will show you how to check if you have been blocked on Instagram, without downloading any apps from the App Store.
Who blocked me on Instagram?
Follow these steps to figure out who has blocked you on Instagram:
- Open your Instagram app and tap on the search button
- Search for that person’s username. If it shows up in the results, you are not blocked. If it doesn’t, continue the following steps.
- Go to a mutual friend’s Instagram profile. (the closer they are with the person, the better)
- Go through their likes, comments, and followers to see if the suspect’s username shows up.
- If the person’s username appears, tap on it.
- Now, if you are unable to see their posts, even though at the top of their profile it says they have some posts, then you can be sure that they have blocked you.
- If their Instagram profile is set to private, then their username won’t appear on the search list; they have either blocked you or deleted their Instagram account.
I checked and found out that I’ve been blocked. Now what?
It’s not the end of the world. If someone blocked you on Instagram, it doesn’t mean that you post bad content or that you have to stop posting some awesome photos and videos. The best way to move on is to keep doing what you were doing. The best revenge for it is a life well lived, and what better place to show off your excellent life than Instagram.
If you want some other tips on Instagram marketing and gaining organic followers, make sure to check out our other blog posts.