With Facebook fading in popularity between younger users,more and more brands are turning to Instagram to reach the younger audience. Ifyou want to use a similar strategy, you will need to take a look at the following Instagram marketing tips for making the most out of your presence onthe platform.
Choose a stunning and relevant username
If there is no right way to craft your Instagram profile, these tips are a great starting point based on Instagram’s best practices:
- Profile picture: youcan use your brand’s logo as your profile picture so that users can easily identify your company.
- Account name: youcan make this your business name. Similarto your brand’s other social media accounts.
- Username: your username should also be your business name. But remember that usernames can not contain any spaces.
- Website Link: this is the only clickable link on Instagram. So make sure to make the most from it. You can convert all of your useful links into one short link by URL shortener platforms and then use it on your Instagram bio.
- Contact Info: if you shift your account to a business Instagram account, you will be able to add your contact info to your profile such as email address, phone number, locations, etc.
- Bio: your bio is the first thing your visitors will observe. So make sure you write the perfect one to make the first excellent impression on your audience. You can tell people who you are and what you do, what are your interests and passions and tell them what to expect you to publish.
Build your own tribe
with so many active users and pictures floating around on Instagram,standing out might seem a little challenging. Instagram is not an “if you buildit, they will appear” platform. Brands both big and small should concentrate on not only growing their own followings but tapping into niche communities where their followers are already hanging out.“Think small” is good advice for brands trying to attract a dedicated audience versus swinging for the fences.
Timing is important!
Running your Instagram for business does not have to be a complete time-sink. Efficiency is essential on any social media platform, and Instagram is no different, serially liking posts, replying to comments, following related users. Between these activities as well as your own content calendar, it certainly pays to streamline your activities to save more time.
For instance, you should have a strong understanding of how often to poston Instagram to get the most engagement and post when your followers are goingto be online. Then, you should stick to a schedule to keep yourself from scrolling through Instagram all the time. In short, anything and everything youdo on Instagram should be focused on yourbrand’s goals for the sake of your precious time.
Share Goal-driven content
Speaking of goals, question yourself: why are you using Instagram for business in the first place?
This isn’t a trick question, either. The answer directly affects your entire content strategy. And with so much diversity concerning what you can post, pretty much any purpose isfair game.
Make sure that you share content that speaks to your goals. Because Instagram is about so much more than random selfies and pictures,especially given its status the go-to platform to research products.
Engage with influencers
By far one of the fastest ways to stand out in the Instagram ranks is to build relationships with influencers in your niche that already have a massive following. Getting a shout-out from the top influencer can give your Instagram instant credibility. Influencers get approached by brands on a regular basis because of the value they can provide with a single Instagram post or story. As a result, some influencer soffer paid shout-outs while others do so organically.
If you haven’t gotten started as a brand on Instagram, don’t panic.
With an active, ever-growing user base, Instagram has proven itself as a star of social marketing rather than a flash in the pan. For businesses with a visual story to tell and a desire to grow a tribe of dedicated audience and customers, there is still a place waiting for you on the platform.
We like to hear from you, though. Which brands do you think are totally killing it on Instagram? Ifyou have had difficulty getting started on Instagram, what is your biggest obstacle? Let us know in the comments below!