With 2018 almost coming to an end, Instagram has highlighted from the year that I am going to share with you in this article.
- The Heart Love Sticker created by Arata was the most-used Giphy sticker in Stories, while the Heart Eyes was the most-used Face Filter in Stories.
- In Feed, the heart eyes emoji was used in comments over 14 billion times. Instagram seems like the happiest place in the world, right? Disneyland Tokyo, which saw the highest use of in the caption.
- Instagram is a place for many interests and communities; this year, ASMR was the top niche community trend of the year, with slime popping, soap cutting, and makeup shaving continuing its abrupt rise in popularity.
- The game Fortnite also saw critical growth with #fortnite being the fastest growing hashtag globally.
- K-pop’s dominance on social media displayed by BTS “Army” is the top trendy community on the platform.
- The significant viral dance challenge of the year was also born on Instagram, with #inmyfeelingschallenge, which involved everyone from @theshiggyshow to @willsmith, coming in at number 1.
Millions of people used Instagram to make their opinions heard in 2018. The top advocacy hashtags of 2018 were:
- #metoo(1.5 million)
- #timesup (597K)
- #marchforourlives (562K)
This shows that Instagram can be a powerful platform for people to speak out and draw light to meaningful causes.
Let me know if you have any questions about Instagram and Instagram marketing.